What’s going on…
I’ve got a fun tag post for you all today. Getting into the holiday spirit – this is a fun one so please play along if you’d like to. Consider yourself tagged!
The Christmas Song Book Tag
- “You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch” – Name a villainous character you couldn’t help but love.
- “All I Want For Christmas Is You” – Which book do you most hope to see under your Christmas tree this year?
This year I’m really hoping for The Essential Fitzgerald 4 volume boxed set. The Great Gatsby is one of my favorite books. However, I’ve never read anything else by F.Scott Fitzgerald. I’d love this boxed set for my TBR Pile.
I also really want to read Lt. Joe Kenda’s book, I Will Find You. I’m a total Investigation Discovery channel addict and I can’t get enough Homicide Hunter. His book looks really interesting.
- “Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer” – Name a character that overcomes major obstacles and learns to believe in themselves.
This one is sort of a hard one! I have to go with The Indigo Girl by Natasha Boyd. Bonus points because this is historical fiction based on the real life of Eliza Lucas. She’s a young girl in the 1700’s and she really accomplishes a lot – especially for a teenage girl in that time period. If you haven’t read this one yet – I highly recommend it!
- “Santa Clause is Coming to Town” – a) Which character do you think is at the top of the naughty list an b) which character do you think is at the top of the nice list?
- “Frosty the Snowman” – Which book just melts your heart?
Toughest question yet! Heart melting does not go hand in hand with crime fiction! Fortunately, I do read enough general fiction to have a good pick for this. Behold The Dreamers by Imbolo Mbue is a touching story of an immigrant family.
- “Feliz Navidad” – Pick a book that takes place in a country other than your own.
My most recent read that takes place outside of the USA is The Girl I Used to know by Faith Hogan. It’s set in Ireland and is a fantastic read!
- “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” – Which Christmas book do you use to spread the Christmas joy.
I totally have to bail on this question! I don’t read holiday books – gasp! I do have one on my TBR list this year but as I haven’t read it yet, I don’t think it counts 😉
- “Sleigh Ride” – Which character would you choose to spend the holidays with?
Oooh so many choices for this one! My first choice would be Boo from The Astonishing Thing because, cats. But since I already choose her for the Nice List I’ll pick another. I’ll go with Caroline Ferriday or really any of the characters from The Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly. Talk about an amazing group of women!
- “Baby It’s Cold Outside” – which book, that you didn’t like, would you sacrifice to a fire to warm yourself up in the cold?
Trashing a book is never really fun. Most recently I would have to say The Locals by Jonathan Dee. Yeah I know, it’s gotten a ton of buzz but I had to DNF this book. I just couldn’t get through it.
- “Do You Hear What I Hear?” – Which book do you think everyone should read?